CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 29, 2010

First Week!!!

Hey Everyone!! I am sorry I haven't posted anything about my practicum yet I have been very busy. But here it is!
I had a awesome time my first day of my practicum. I am at ASD which is the Deaf school here. I sit in on a home making class for the first two hours I am there then the next three I am in the lower dorms. I had a blast! The first day I got a tour of the lower school and the lower dorms. I was able to meet all the children that I will be working with. I even made some new friends. I had a little girl telling everyone look this is my new friend Brittany. She was really sweet. I also got to go to the Seniors Basketball game. It was a awesome game, they all played well.
The second day I was able to sit in on the home making class. We really didn't do anything because a lot of the kids had already been sent home because of the weather that was heading our way. I was able to get to know the teacher more that I will be sitting in on. I was not able to go to the lower dorms because they had closed and sent the kids home. I was disappointed not getting to hang out with the kids but I will have plenty of time in the coming weeks.
Overall, I had an awesome week in my practicum. I am excited about it and looking forward to more of it. I think I have finally found what I want to do in the future or "when I grow up".

0 comments: