I think I am finally understanding the Ah Ha moments more and more. Today was the Deaf Blind Social for January. It was just an annual meeting. I am also a member of ADBC now also.
Today I was asked to interpret for someone and I was a little nervous but I did it. My Ah Ha moment for the day was when I just copied sign. I have always been told just to copy sign in situations like that. Even if I don't understand the signs. Well today I didn't understand what I was sign a few times but the individual I was signing to understood me and that is what matters.
I am so excited and eager to see my road ahead in interpreting. I know God has a plan in.
I am doing my practicum this semester in college. I am eager to see what that holds. I have a chance to interact at the deaf school, rehabilitation services, or I just got asked today if I would be interested in visiting, talking, and spending time with some Deaf-Blind individuals. Now I just have to pick which one I want to do and I am leaning toward the Deaf-Blind individuals. I enjoy hanging out with the Deaf-Blind community.
Snack anyone?
11 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment