I was given a challenge to write why interpreting was important to me and this is what I wrote. Hope you enjoy it!
Why is Interpreting important to me?
Interpreting is important to me because I just can’t see my life without. I have been learning sign language since I was in the 5th grade. Then in 8th grade I was on the sign language praise team at my high school. There are many reasons why interpreting is important to me. First it is to help someone communicate. One of my spiritual gifts is service and I feel like this is one why God wants me to use my spiritual gift. Also I have always liked helping other people whether it is behind the scenes or in public.
Another reason why interpreting is important to me is because back in high school I had a role model. My role model is my sign language teacher Cheryl Sugg. She was an interpreter before she came to teach at my school when I was in 5th grade. I always looked up to her and we became friends. She left my senior year of high school to go back to interpreting. I tried to keep the sign language praise team going when I was a senior but once I graduated the sign language was no more in my high school. After hearing this it saddened me a lot because sign language is my passion. I remember telling Cheryl that I wanted to be just like her one day. She told me that maybe in the future once I get my degree and everything that I could maybe work for her when we talked about this I was in high school still. Ever since I have graduated and everything we have became close friends. She still helps me and encourages me to do better and get better in interpreting.
Sometimes, I think why I chose to do this as my major and then I think I can’t see my life without it. Ever since I started interpreting for a little girl I just can’t see myself not doing this a lot of times. It brings me so much joy when I get done interpreting for her. I did a deaf revival and worked with the children and interpreted for those children that were deaf. I just had such a great weekend doing that and that’s when I can see I can’t live my life without interpreting.
This is why Interpreting is important to me. I feel like it is what God wants me to do with my life.
Snack anyone?
11 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment