WOW ok you guys a lot has happened and changed since I last posted to you. I have improved a lot this semester. It is all to my good friend and older sister Lori. She has helped me get out of my shell and has helped me find Confidence in myself. So I am passing my class this semester. I have also had one of my professors tell me that I have improved and that she is proud of me. She said when she first met me she wasn't sure if I was going to make it. Well know she believes that I can and will make it. She has seen such a big improvement in me in this year she was shocked. She is really proud. Well I had the opportunity a few weeks ago to interpret one of the songs at church during the service it went really well and all the Deaf people loved it. They all said I was a good interpreter. The following Sunday they all asked me if I was going to interpret again. Well that Sunday I didn't interpret.
Well this past Sunday night I arrived at church and there was no interpreter well I was with Lori and we were both like ok that's cool. Well we got to our sits and the Deaf couple was there and they were asking me if I would interpret. I was like seriously I was scared. Well one of the men from the church came up to me and asked if I would interpret. So I said yes I would first time ever doing this well Lori, who is my mentor, was like you can do it. The deaf people were encouraging me as well. So I sat up there and did it. I did have help from Lori when I got stuck or lost. But It went really well. Everyone told me that I did a good job. Well that night gave me more confidence in myself. I was able to prove to myself that I can do it.
Well today I went to the doctor with my friend and she has an interpreter. Well we were all talking and stuff well the interpreter looked at me and asked me when I graduate because she knew I was in college to me a interpreting major. Well when I told her that I didn't have my AA yet but will in the spring she was shocked with how good I was. She told me that I was good before I left and told me to keep up the work.
I am just thankful to God for bring my friend and sister Lori into my life. If it wasn't for her I do not think I would be were I am today. I have improved so much because her encouragement. I love hanging with all the deaf people at church they are all so sweet. They all encourage me as well. I know that hanging out with all of them has helped me improve a lot. I can't wait to see what God has in store for me in my future.
Snack anyone?
11 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment